Monday 25 May 2009

Clarify

I know it's my birthday, but that does not necessarily mean I must "celebrate", "partying" or do anything of sort. People has been asking me the same thing over and over again today, like where will I go celebrate and partying in conjunction with my birthday. Some even "adviced" me to "settle down" since it's "very timely" for me to do so now... . Alas, luckily, these are not friends who really know me well enough.

To this group of people, let me clarify:

(1) I don't really need to "celebrate" my birthday. I'm NOT 18 or 21 anymore
(2) What is there to be so "Happy" on my birthday? To me, it's just another day, working day...blah blah blah...
(3) I don't need to be "Happy" only on my birthday. I want and hope to be happy EVERYDAY if possible
(4) Last but not least. Our birthday actually means "the day when our mom was in severe labour pain, and putting her life at the chopping board, hanging by the thread..." It's a time to remember and show our gratitude to our moms instead, and certainly NOT celebrate or partying!

Anyway, I do REALLY REALLY appreciate all the greetings and well wishes from ALL OF YOU out there. I mean it! You're the best and you've been so special in my life. Cheers!

No comments: